If you’re like most dog owners, you want to make sure your furry friend is always safe and sound. That’s why it’s so important to have a reliable way of identifying your pet in case he or she ever gets lost. A good dog id tag is the best way to do that, and there are plenty of options available on the market today. So how do you choose the right one?
What are Dog Id Tags?
Dog id tags are small, metal rectangles with spaces for you to engrave information about your pet. The tag includes an attached ring for you to attach to your pup’s collar. Dog id tags come in many different shapes and sizes, but the most important thing is that yours provides enough space for you to engrave your pet’s name, your name, address, and contact number.
Best Dog Id Tags
- GREAT IDENTIFICATION FOR YOUR DOG & CAT - When it comes to durability and quality our stainless steel tag holds up to the most active pet. To see all our pet ID products, click on our brand name GOTAGS above the product listing title.
- FAR STRONGER THAN ALUMINUM TAGS AND LESS PRONE TO WEAR, stainless steel lasts longer and is unlikely to wear thin and break like aluminum tags. The laser engraving is clear, permanent, and attractive on a polished mirror-finish surface.
- WITH 2 SIDED ENGRAVING & UP TO 8 LINES OF PERSONALIZED TEXT, there's plenty of room for all of your pet's important information - up to 4 lines on front of tag and 4 lines on back of tag. Please follow the ordering instruction below to place your order.
- TO ORDER: SELECT SHAPE & SIZE FROM THE ABOVE CHOICES. After selecting shape & size, click CUSTOMIZE NOW to add your personalization details to the tag. When personalizing, you may include up to 4 lines of text on each side by selecting FRONT surface & BACK surface. Add to cart ONLY AFTER you have completed both surfaces with your information.
- SIZE: The tags come in both regular and small sizes. Regular tags measure approximately 1.3 inches in diameter and are recommended for large and medium-sized dogs, while small tags measure approximately 1 inch and are recommended for cats and smaller dog breeds.
- These personalized pet ID tags for dogs and cats feature clear lettering and room for four lines of text on each side.
- The tags come in both large and small sizes. Large tags measure approximately 1.3 inches in diameter and are recommended for large and medium-sized dogs, while small tags measure approximately 1 inch and are recommended for cats and smaller dog breeds.
- Rectangle, star, circle, heart, paw, bone, cat and hydrant shape options are available, so you can choose a pet tag customized to match your pet's personality.
- Personalize your pet's tag further by choosing one of nine different color options, including blue, red, pink, silver and more. Etched with a precision carbon dioxide laser, the white lettering will stand out against all background colors.
- Laser etched and manufactured in the U.S. using high-quality, aircraft-grade, domestically sourced aluminum, these pet tags are durable, lightweight and safe.
- 😺 Keep Your Furry Friend Safe In Style: our stylish personalized pet ID tags are perfect for all dogs, cats, and pets. You can write your pet's name, your phone number, your address, and a personal message in case your pet gets lost.
- 🐶 Silent, Durable, And Lightweight Dog Tags: Made from rustproof stainless steel & silicone, our pet tags for dogs and cats will stand the test of time. The easy, slide-on design makes our pet ID tag silent and ideal for puppies and kittens.
- 🐈 Laser Engraved Pet ID Tags: Rest assured, the laser engraved, clear text on your personalized dog collar tag or personalized cat collar tag will look great and will not fade. Attach your engraved pet tag to your pet's collar or harness.
- 🐕 Must-Have Pet Name Tag For Small, Medium, And Large Pets: Whether you are looking for a small dog ID tag, a medium cat name tag, or a large dog tag, look no further. Our customized dog tags are available in 7 colors and 4 sizes (S, M, X, XL).
- 🎁 Surprise Every Pet Parent: Searching for a gift for your loved ones? Surprise every dog mom or cat dad with an engraved dog tag or a custom cat tag today! Personalize your dog collar name tag and offer them a gift to remember!
- Stylish and durable, this stainless steel pet ID tag features a cute embossed paw print design in a polished mirror finish surface. Your dog or cat's sparkling character calls for a unique pet tag. To see all our pet ID products, click on our brand name GOTAGS above the product listing title.
- Available in 2 sizes: Small (approx. 1 x 0.9 inches) and Regular (approx. 1.4 x 1.2 inches).
- Available in solid Stainless Steel and glitter enamel filled in one of 5 sparkling colors: Blue, Green, Pink, Purple and Red.
- When selecting Regular with Tag Silencer the tag comes with a glow in the dark tag silencer that helps eliminate noise and protects the finish and engraving, extending the life of the tag.
- All tags are laser engraved with up to 4 lines of personalized text. Extremely durable, easy to read and permanent. To order select your color and size from the above choices and click CUSTOMIZE NOW to add your personalization details.
- Stainless Steel pet ID tags: Engraved on both front and back - easy to read and see, abrasion-resistant and durable.
- Size: Small is Approx.1.0 inches, Medium is Approx.1.18 inches, Large is Approx. 1.38 inches.
- Color: Gold, Silver, Black, Blue, Rosegold.
- Each dog tag contains 2 free stainless steel split rings for attaching the tag to your pet's collar.
- To complete your purchase: Please Click CUSTOMIZE NOW.
- [Custom Engraved Cat Tags] Just click "Customize Now” to write your personalization details in case your pet gets lost. All of our products includes a free velvet bag with no additional charge.
- [Stainless Steel Pet Tag] Our 100% solid stainless steel dog tags are made to last! The laser engraved text will last long ensure that your dog is always identified even if they get lost.
- [Keep Your Furry Friend Safe] Personalized pet tags are a must for you to keep in touch with your pet, helps your pet find its way home at all times.
- [Fast Shipping] Fast Shipping: We offer free shipping, it takes 7-10 business days to arrive. Please do not hesitate to send us a message with further questions and concerns.
- [Multifunctional Tags] Not only for pets collars, can be used on your schoolbag, keychain or luggage to prevent losses. High quality products that we stand behind, unique labels found nowhere else!
- Rich and vibrant color with gorgeous sparkling glitter. Available in many adorable colors to match your dog's collar or cat's collar
- Excellent quality, stylish, extremely cute and beautiful. Tag is light weight, strong, durable and thick material. Hard clear epoxy coating on glitter face. Full polish plating on metal surfaces
- Engraving by io tags. Name and contact info are laser etched in large print on the back panel. Text is easy to read
- Tag dimension 1-1/16" x 1". Engrave 3 lines of text or less for better legibility
- Each tag comes with a split ring
- These aluminum pet ID tags for cats and dogs come in 8 shapes and 9 colors, so you can create a tag that matches your pet's collar and personality
- Recommended for cats and toy dog breeds, the small size measures approximately 1 inch in diameter, and the large size measures about 1.25 inches and works best for bigger dog breeds
- Each tag has room for up to 4 lines of text on each side, and the lettering is applied using precise CO2 laser engraving for maximum readability
- These animal name tags are manufactured and engraved in the United States from aircraft-grade aluminum, and an anodized finish helps these tags retain their color and durability
- A stainless steel split ring comes with each tag to make collar attachment easy and convenient
Last update on 26th September 2022 / Affiliate Links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Benefits of Dog Id Tags
There are lots of reasons why your dog should have a tag. First, it can help you find your pup if she ever gets lost. This is especially important if there’s a fire or other emergency where pets may be released into the street. And though serious emergencies are rare, they do sometimes happen.
Even if that never happens to you, a tag can be a lifesaver if your pup manages to escape the house and runs out into traffic. It can also help return Fido home if he ever runs away.
If you have a pet that’s just wandering around your yard, then a dog id tag is still really important. This is also helpful should you travel and need help boarding your dog, renting a car, or checking into a hotel.
What to Look for in Dog Id Tags
The most important thing to look for in a dog id tag is legibility. When you engrave your pup’s name and contact information, you want it to be easy for someone else to read it. You also need to make sure that the person who finds him can easily get in touch with you. One of the best ways to do this is by engraving more than just your phone number on the tag.
There are many materials dog id tags can be made from, including aluminum, stainless steel and plastic. The best type of material depends on what you’re looking for in a tag. For example, a stainless steel id tag is virtually indestructible and won’t rust or corrode over time. Plastic dog id tags are often the least expensive, but they can get scratched or worn easily.
Dog id tags come in many shapes, including ovals, rectangles, rounded squares and many others. The best shape for you depends on your personal preferences. Some are just more aesthetically pleasing than others. If you have a particularly beautiful dog, you might want a fancier-looking tag to show her off.
But you should always make sure that the tag fits your dog’s collar. A tag that is too large or small for your pet’s collar may not seem secure, and it will also cause discomfort to your little buddy.
Choosing a secure attachment mechanism is also extremely important when purchasing a dog id tag. This is done by attaching the ring of the tag to your dog’s collar using either metal spring clips or split rings. These mechanisms are much sturdier than plastic spring attachments, but they may not be suitable for dogs that like to chew on their collars.
Things to Avoid in Dog Id Tags
Of course, you should always avoid purchasing a dog id tag that is too small for your pet’s collar. The best way to make sure the tag fits securely is by using metal spring clips or split rings instead of plastic attachments. You should also refrain from purchasing tags that are just thin pieces of metal with no engraving, as these are easy to bend and distort.
The risk of using cheap metal tags is that they can rust or corrode over time if exposed to water or other elements. This can work its way into your dog’s collar and irritate her skin, so it’s important to always purchase quality tags that will last.
You should also avoid purchasing tags that aren’t just solid metal. The reason for this is that there’s a much higher risk of your dog chewing on the tag and swallowing pieces of it. You’ll want to be careful when selecting a font size as well, because if you make the text too small, it will be difficult to read from afar.
Purchasing a high-quality metal tag is the best way to go when shopping for your pup. You’ll want to avoid these products that can cause long-term irritation. They’re usually made from softer metals such as aluminum, which is why it’s vital to pay close attention to durability and strength when making a purchase.